Tuesday 18 December 2012

Welcome To My World


Hello! Greetings! G'Day! Ciao! Bonjour!

Welcome to my new blog; 'What M Sees.' This is a place where I shall share my perspective on the things of this earth and beyond. Thoughts on life and death, art and music, people and politics - whatever I feel the need to discuss, explore, highlight and get people thinking and talking about.

I was once told to be who you are and love what you do. Well I'm Matthew Craig and I love communicating. Be it verbally, through song or through text; I enjoy sharing my story and learning a bit more about yours. 

What is amazing about the age we live in, through the beauty of technology and the internet, is that anyone can contribute to culture. People post videos on YouTube talking about their favourite movie or game, tweet about how badly their sports team are doing and update their Facebook status expressing their shock at events unfolding around them. Through the power of a single click of a button, or touch of a screen, we are interconnected to a world of information, wisdom and wonder.

Chesterton once wrote that what was wonderful about childhood is that anything in it was a wonder, it was not merely a world full of miracles but a miraculous world. I feel this way when exploring the internet. Often, after merely intending to send a few emails, I find myself in a daze hours later, marvelling at a new image, blog or video which engages me and takes me deeper into understanding of the world around me. 

That's what I intend this place to be. Somewhere, where someone, can accidentally stumble upon a page, and through the power of language be transported into a new realm of thought about the life in which they live. 

The world is an intriguing place, and never more so then when its inhabitants are engaging with one another through story. 

I'm a law student. A musician. A traveller. A thinker. A writer.

That's who M is.


And this is what M sees... 

No comments:

Post a Comment